If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Canyon Racers Cup - Map Drive

Allgemeines Forum für Ankündigungen etc.
Sythy

Canyon Racers Cup - Map Drive

Beitragvon Sythy » Di 18. Nov 2014, 02:35

Hi Canyon Mappers! I will be hosting a competition starting in mid January. More details on the competition will be released in the following weeks. But for now I want to start getting the map creation under way!

There will be a cash prize of $10 USD. This will be awarded to the best map voted by the players in the competition, on the official training servers. Players will vote using the TM-Karma.com widget. If there is a tie it will come down to the awards on the MX website.

Map requirements
Please make sure your map complies with the following requirements:
  • Name: "CRC - name"
  • You can use what you want for name, as long as it isn't a team- or playername (or something similar!)
  • Length: 55 - 80 seconds
  • Maps should general competition style (think TWL, ESL, ESWC, etc)
  • Embedded blocks are allowed (preferably not as scenery)
  • Placing checkpoints backwards is forbidden.
  • Use of default sign pack only!
  • Blockmixing is allowed, as long as it does not produce any graphical glitches or driving bugs
  • GPS, intros and outros are forbidden
  • Give the map a delicate and nice outlook
  • The scenery is up to you (make sure it doesn't produce lags, lighting problems or graphical bugs!)
  • The map is only known by yourself
  • The map hasn't been uploaded anywhere
  • The map has not been used in any competition before
Send your validated map(s), together with a replay to: [url=mailto:crctracks@gmail.com]crctracks@gmail.com[/url]

How the competition will run for the maps
  • All suitable maps that are submitted will be placed onto a TimeAttack server for 2 weeks prior to the competition start. All members of the public will be able to play/train/vote on these maps. The 5 maps with the highest tm-karma rating (judged by the local karma), will be the map pack for the competition.
  • TimeAttack server will go live midnight CET, 2nd January. Until midnight 16th January.
  • Once the 5 maps are chosen, all karma will be cleaned, and voting will start again.
  • Voting will only be counted on the official CRC servers (1 TA, 1 Rounds), and once again judged by the local karma.(People may vote twice)
  • After the grand final is run, votes will be counted and the winner announced.
  • Payments will be made using PayPal. Triple check that you have an account which can be paid to.
  • Ties between maps will be settled by percentage positive votes.

Use "Maps - Competition - your nickname" as the subject, so we can keep a track of the submissions.
The deadline for sending in your map(s) is Thursday, 1st January 2015!

If you have any questions what-so-ever, please either reply to this thread or PM me on MX. I will try my best to answer ASAP.

Important Note: Payments will be made using PayPal. So please make sure you have an account able to be paid to.

*Credit to ESL's TheM for the rules guidelines. I did make a few changes, but mostly laid out from his post :)

Sythy

Re: Canyon Racers Cup - Map Drive

Beitragvon Sythy » Mo 1. Dez 2014, 09:12

Just a quick reminder that map entries close on the Thursday the 1st January at 23:59 CET (midnight).

If you have any questions, just reply to this thread and i'll answer them ASAP. I check the threads daily. :)

Sora
Twister Eagle

Beitragvon Sora » Mo 1. Dez 2014, 19:25

i gonna built one or two maps ;)

if this is a teamcompetition we still need to discuss,if its a solo event i am sure that I am in..
Bild
Bild

Sythy

Beitragvon Sythy » Fr 19. Dez 2014, 01:50

Sora hat geschrieben:i gonna built one or two maps ;)

if this is a teamcompetition we still need to discuss,if its a solo event i am sure that I am in..

It is a solo event, I am opening registrations today! :) and will be posting information about it very soon. :)

Sythy

Beitragvon Sythy » Fr 2. Jan 2015, 00:44

As of this post, map submissions have been closed. Any maps received from now on, will not be used in the competition.

I would like to thank everyone who submitted their maps. :)

Registration to the competition for racers is still open! Sign Up Today!

Zurück zu „Allgemein“